Monday, February 1, 2010

Favorite Rolls

Here is my favorite roll recipe. I have modified the ingredients to make it a little more healthy, but will leave the original recipe and put my modifications next to the ingredients.

Perfect Dinner Rolls

1 T active dry yeast
2-1/4 C warm water (110-115 degrees)
1/3 C sugar (I replace with organic cane sugar)
1/3 C shortening (I replace this with coconut oil)
1/4 C powdered nondairy creamer (I use gluten flour)
2-1/4 t salt (sea salt)
6-7 C bread flour (I've only needed around 5 cups of flour for some reason and I sometimes use wheat flour or 1/2 wheat 1/2 white)

In a large bow, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, shortening, creamer, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).

Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment