Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Produce Box

It's official. I am now a coordinator for The Produce Box. I am excited to be supporting local farmers and getting fresh veggies! Here is a little bit about it:

The Produce Box is dedicated to improving the local food system in the Triangle by providing a direct link between local farms and consumers. We do this by offering a variety of seasonal products, delivered weekly by Neighborhood Coordinators, who live in the neighborhood they serve.

There is more information on their website: www.theproducebox.com

2 comments:

  1. Good job Katie! Are you working out of your neighborhood or Lochmere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working with Kildaire Farms and MacGregor. When I get 25 families, the boxes come straight to my house. If anyone close by is interested, I can service you as I am not limited to these neighborhoods and there aren't many coordinators in Cary yet.

    ReplyDelete