Monday, April 20, 2009

OK ladies. It is asparagus season. What is your favorite recipe? Please share with us how you like to cook your asparagus. Melisa Crane sent me a recipe last week that I tried over the weekend and LOVED it! I can't wait to make it again. Thank you Melisa! She wanted to make sure you all enjoyed it too and asked me to post it for you. You can clickie here to view the recipe. It is a fun site and I really enjoyed the chocolate cake too (a little too much!)

In other news there is a new farmers market opening up on May 2. You can read about it by clicking here. Maybe it will be closer for those of you who don't want to drive to Raleigh.

I went to the market on Thursday morning last week and enjoyed seeing all the plants and veggies that are arriving or have arrived! I found local free range eggs and local milk as well as meat. I learned that the farmer delivers on Wednesday afternoons so Thursday mornings are a good time to go. I was excited to be able to support the local people as well as buying products that haven't been shipped here, there and everywhere.

With the delivery of The Produce Box each week I am getting lots of veggies that I have to figure out what to do with. Anyone have a good recipe for collard greens, turnips, or cabbage?

1 comment:

  1. There is an easy way to prepare collard greens in the fall/winter recipes, along with roasted cabbage, which is really tasty. You can also substitute turnips in the mashed rutabaga recipe. I have more recipes with all three but I won't be able to post them until after I get back. By then you'll probably have different stuff in your box!

    ReplyDelete