Friday, May 22, 2009

Weekly Farmer's Market Report

There really are peaches! And blueberries arrived this week! The vendor selling peaches is down on the end closest to the main road. My friend bought some Saturday and said she had to wait about four days for them to ripen, but then they were fantastic. Only two more days to wait! I also asked about sugar snap peas at my usual stop because the ones I'd seen around the market looked old. She said they were all gone from her field as of Monday so anything I was seeing was getting older by the minute. I was going to freeze some but missed my window. Now I'll know for next year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It only took two days for the peaches to be perfect. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I didn't read your post until after I posted! I bought peaches today and can't wait. They were delicious at the market and I know my kids are going to scarf them up. Did you check Lee's produce for the peas? I got some in my box last week and I think I am getting more tomorrow. They might still have some.

    ReplyDelete