Monday, March 2, 2009

Healthy Food Choices

My mother-in-law is able to get raw milk from a local farmer in her area and I love it! I have been searching for some place to find it here in NC and finally I did. It still doesn't come directly from NC, but Pennsylvania, is pretty close, right? I thought I would share this information in case anyone else wants to buy good quality products. Maybe we could put an order in together?!

Healthy Food Choices is a co-op in which we receive products from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania that is all from grass-fed, pastured-raised, free-range, organic animals. The foods follow the principles in the book Nourishing Traditions. To join the co-op, you need to sign and return 3 forms and pay an annual $10 membership fee to the co-op. At that point you can begin ordering. We assemble orders once a month and send them to the farmer in PA. He sends a truck a few days later with everyone's orders. The food is delivered to the Raleigh Farmer’s Market and members are responsible for picking up their orders. We do have one person who will pick up deliveries for anyone that lives in Durham.

The page set up which includes all of the products for this farm is:

http://geocities.com/nchealthyfood/order.html

And, if anyone is still interested in The Produce Box, just ask me!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great! Where are the forms I need to sign? Can I get in by tomorrow to make the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for raw milk too and found one place in Virginia that delivers it down here but it ends up being like 8 dollars a gallon. If you guys want the info however, I can dig it up for you. They seemed really nice and if I remember correctly they delivered it to your door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie, are you going to put in an order this month? I guess since I haven't sent any forms in I can't order for tomorrow but I am definitely interested for next month!

    ReplyDelete