Thursday, March 5, 2009

Weekly Report

I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday, not sure if very many venders would be there. Surprise! It was a very cold 45 degrees and they were all there, happy to see me. There wasn't anything new this week, only sad news. I was hoping to find beet greens for a recipe I clipped from the paper. I remember them being less bitter than turnip greens. Apparently they withered in the first snow we had in January so I will have to wait until next year to try them. I've heard from two old time Southerners that just a little sugar with the greens does wonders. I will try it out and report back. The fresh spinach I bought last week was fantastic, so I bought some more because my recipe says I can substitute any greens for the beet greens. I'll post it after I make it this weekend so I can report how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment